Monday, December 14, 2015

Project for Pond Ecology Unit

Recently in my science class, we have started doing projects for our Pond Ecology unit. We have been learning about pond ecology since the beginning of the school year. The projects include information for three organisms we have been learning about in our previous classes. The three organisms are Daphnia, Hydra and Planaria. Our class got the choice of telling story in iMovie or some other resource, or make a Venn diagram to compare all three organisms. If you chose to tell a story, you had to choose between one of the three organisms, and tell a story about them. You can make the story up, but the facts need to be true. If you chose to do a Venn diagram, you have 3 circles instead of 2. Each organism has it’s own circle. In the organisms circle, you only write about facts about the organism only. If you bump into a cross over section, you write facts about what the two organisms have in common. There is one section where you have to write facts about all three organisms and what they have in common. You will also create your Venn diagram in Thinglink to make your project interactive. Here is my Thinglink.

I chose the Venn diagram because I thought it would be cool to not just only write facts down about the three organisms that we have learned about, but to learn more about them than I did before the project started. My favorite part of the process is actually making the Venn diagram on Thinglink because it is nice the way the app lets you layout your projects, or presentations or anything you are doing freely. Here is my Thinglink that I made on the three organisms my class has been studying about. (by Cece)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Cece,
    Good job. I like how you were one of the few people who did something related to are class. I think it is interesting that you described the whole process. Why? This reminds me when I was in the process because you were so descriptive. Why did you choose this blog.
    -Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose it because I thought that it would be cool to have a blog about the project, and since I am actually doing the project, I was able to give a lot of information about the topic.

      -Cece

      Delete
  2. I like how you dicribed in detail each project and said why you choose it. I choose venndiagram for the same reasons you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a really great job telling everyone about all of the classes we have had and how you told everyone about you're ven diagram. I thought you were very descriptive and I loved how you did your thing link. I thought you really did a great job. ( Bella R)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you described why you chose it. You have a really great thing Link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how festive your Venn diagram is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how festive your Venn diagram is!

    ReplyDelete