We learned about the Hydra in science class. Hydra is carnivore. The Hydra has stinging cells called nematocysts. The hydra can't see or hear, the only way it can catch its prey is if the prey bumps into it. Then it will grab its prey quickly and paralyze it using its stinging cells. When it becomes paralyzed the hydra uses its tentacles to push the prey into its mouth. A food chain involving the hydra is Algae~Daphnia~Hydra. The hydra eats Daphnia and other cyclops. The hydra is a relative to the jelly fish species. The hydra lives in ponds and sticks on objects underwater. That's the facts I know to the hydra! (by Sakaria)
Here is a video I made while looking at a hydra through a microscope.
Don't you thinks it's really cool how they sting there prey with the stinging cells zap zap zap!
ReplyDeleteThis is real interesting, I like how you did the food chain
ReplyDeleteI think you explained the hydra really well. Great job!
ReplyDeleteGood job Sakuria,
ReplyDeleteI like how you very descriptive. I disagree on the part that says the hydra stings it prey when it touches it but I think it is when it comes close to it and or touches it. This is connects to are class because we studied the hydra, daphnia, and Planaria. When or if you have time, can you tell me some more fun facts.
-Ian
Great job Zack,
ReplyDeleteYou were very descriptive in your writing about the planaria!!
You did great
I mean hydra
ReplyDeleteNice job,
ReplyDeleteYour facts were very well net resting and there was a lot of detail
Great job
ReplyDeleteYou were very descriptive and your facts were great
I really like how you did all about the hydra. And I also really like how you did the food chain.
ReplyDeleteSomebody should make a scary movie with the hydra as the evil nemesis. I had no idea how frightening they were (at least to Daphnia).
ReplyDelete