Friday, October 2, 2015

The Frogs

In science class we have been studying pond ecology, we went to a pond and collected all sorts of life including frogs, insects, tadpoles, fish and lots of other specimens.
After we got back to school we put all the organisms into a tank. We observed them and made sketches of the frogs.

Once we had finished the sketches we had to take scientific photos of the frogs and then write a few descriptive sentences on the frog we were observing. After that we had to identify the kind of frog we were sketching, observing and taking pictures of. Mine was the green frog.

Our class was told that we would be able to look at the different animals under a microscope.
I think it will be really fun to do that and really fascinating as well.

I really wanted to write about this topic because I thought it was really fun going to the pond to collect the animals and then take them back to the classroom to study and write about.

My one question is did anyone else get a different frog other than the green frog?
I really want to know because I think all the frogs in the tank are green frogs. (By Nathan)

2 comments:

  1. Great picture Nathan, you can really see the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you had time in class to observe and sketch these frogs. Your photo is really cool.

    ReplyDelete