Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Slippery and Slimy Snail

Humans in France eat snails. The dish is called Escargot (es-cargo because you don't pronounce the t). Sometimes it is served in fancy restaurants in the U.S.A and other places in the world. Sometimes items in facial creams are made by snails.  Some of the different snails are the apple snail, Malaysian trumpet snail, Sulawesi snail, and the pond snail (the one we caught). Snails are very slow and live basically everywhere in the world! This topic was important to me because it is not a common topic. This is related to science because snails are living animals, and we are working on living animals/plants. We collected snails at the pond and I thought that I should give a chance to snails so that caused me to pick snails for the Vital Signs project. Have you ever seen a larger sized snail? Here is the picture of the pond snail (taken by Lolie). Click here to go toa website to learn more facts about snails. (by Greta)










6 comments:

  1. I think that it's so gross how people eat snails! I think that is was a good topic to choose because we did labs on snails. This was super awesome!

    Bella P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool I love learning about this organism, good picture

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your picture! Your first sentence was so gross.... But so cool! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun fact, that snails can be used in facial creams.

    ReplyDelete