Thursday, October 22, 2015

Leaf Litter Frogs


Can you name an animal that plays dead? You probably said opossum, and you're correct. But have you ever heard that a frog plays dead? They do, the leaf litter frog plays dead to protect themselves from predators. The leaf litter frog plays dead by flipping on their back, shutting their eyes, and throw their arms and legs all the way back. They stay on their backs for about two minutes. This article inspired me to write about frogs playing dead. In my science class we were studying frogs, that is why I chose this topic. Click here to read the article I read. (by Ed)


4 comments:

  1. Good way of putting a link to the article that you read. Cool picture!

    -Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew frogs could play dead and that they could camoflauge from there predators like that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed great post I never knew frogs could be camouflage

    ReplyDelete