I chose to do my blog post on the Komodo dragon because they are very interesting animals. They also have some very cool animal behaviors that anybody can explore. After reading this, I hope that you like the Komodo dragon as much as I do.
The Komodo dragon lives on the island of Komodo in Indonesia where it hunts wild boars and smaller mammals. It is said that they have a poisonous bite, but nobody knows for sure if the "poison" is really poison or just bacteria in their saliva. The Komodo dragon can grow up to 150 pounds and be as long as three meters. The Komodo dragons tail is as long as its body and its skin is sort of like chain mail. The Komodo dragon uses its tongue to smell instead of using nostrils. Komodo dragons prefer dry places and are mostly a diurnal (active during the day) animal. The Komodo dragon has no natural predators except humans and is now an endangered species. When the Komodo dragon is hunting, its powerfully built legs allow it to run up to 20 miles per hour. It also has sharp claws that help it climb trees to get to birds. The Komodo dragon is a very interesting animal that is only in Indonesia. So if you can, try to help save the Komodo dragon. (by Levi)
Wow, that's impresseve that it can run 20 miles per hour!
ReplyDeleteIs it in any zoos, or parks?
ReplyDeleteI did my I.P on Komodo dragons great explanation of them.
ReplyDeleteThis was a great explanation of the Komodo dragon I'm very surprised
ReplyDeleteI never knew they could run so fast that's amazing and they smell with their tongue
ReplyDeleteGreat job describing the Komodo dragon Levi!
ReplyDelete