In science class we are working on an animal behavior project for two weeks. We each got assigned an animal to study the behaviors of. My animal is the African elephant. The African elephant has some very interesting behaviors. One of them is, when a loved one of theirs dies they grieve a lot. They will cover the body with leaves, dirt and grass. Then they will stand over the body rocking back and forth while other elephants stoke them with their trunks. Another one of their behaviors is when they sense danger they with circle around their young, flaring out their ears to make them look more frightening. This project has been a lot of fun so far and I can't wait to learn more about the African elephant! Click here to watch a video of the African elephant protecting their young. (by Haven)
That is so interesting and cute that elephants are so close to each other!
ReplyDeleteI like how you described each behavior and how unique it is
ReplyDeleteThat's cool how they kind of give them selfs a mud bath
ReplyDeleteLove they video you posted! Cool to see how they protect they're young.
ReplyDeleteI learned that they love and care for each other! So sweet!!
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you connected this to class! You did a very good job! I liked how you included a video
ReplyDeleteWow, I didn't know they buried their dead.
ReplyDeleteI love learning about your animal,it has a lot of interesting facts I don't know about nice job girley you took my animal π π
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool! I wanted that animal so bad! It's so interesting! Nice workππ
ReplyDeleteI learned so much and the elephants are so cute!
ReplyDelete