Creatures of the Deep Ocean
Just recently I watched a documentary about the animals that live in the deep ocean, and I thought it was really interesting that the animals had evolved to live in a place with little or no light. One example is the hatchetfish. It has sides that shimmer and break up its outline in the gloom so predators can't see them. Predators of the deep ocean also have helpful adaptations. That is, to themselves, not their prey! Anyway, one of those predators is the angler fish. It has a lure attached in front of the mouth to attract smaller fish in front of it, when it comes out of the shadows and eats them. Other common adaptations include but is not limited to: creating their own light, casting lures, being able to rotate their eyes so they can be at the top and sides of your head, and being literally transparent. This relates to our class because we have been studying animals and their behavior. If you want to lean more, click here to see the documentary I watched. (by Pearl)
Cool video, recommend the video to Lisa to watch in class.
ReplyDeleteJohn