Cuttlefish will live 2-3 years in the wild. But if you ever want to see the cuttlefish in the wild you will have to go to the coastlines of Australia. There during the mating season of the cuttlefish you may see hundreds of cuttlefish within a day. A few of the cuttlefish’s predators are dolphins, humans, birds and sometimes other cuttlefish. So that's basically a summary of what I learned during this unit, and I hope that you learned something too! by Nathan
Thursday, May 19, 2016
The Giant Australian Cuttlefish
For one of our units we studied animal behaviors and we made our own books. I got the cuttlefish. I learned that the cuttlefish can do so many different things like change color, shape and even momentarily blind a predator with ink. The cuttlefish can change its color by stretching out tiny cells in its skin that each have its own color. The cuttlefish will catch its prey by sticking out a tube like structure which will then pull in its prey and the cuttlefish will have a tasty snack. But if you're wondering “why does the Cuttlefish have cuttle in its name?” That's because in the top part of the cuttlefish's body it has a bone called the cuttlebone which helps the cuttlefish float.
Cuttlefish will live 2-3 years in the wild. But if you ever want to see the cuttlefish in the wild you will have to go to the coastlines of Australia. There during the mating season of the cuttlefish you may see hundreds of cuttlefish within a day. A few of the cuttlefish’s predators are dolphins, humans, birds and sometimes other cuttlefish. So that's basically a summary of what I learned during this unit, and I hope that you learned something too! by Nathan
Cuttlefish will live 2-3 years in the wild. But if you ever want to see the cuttlefish in the wild you will have to go to the coastlines of Australia. There during the mating season of the cuttlefish you may see hundreds of cuttlefish within a day. A few of the cuttlefish’s predators are dolphins, humans, birds and sometimes other cuttlefish. So that's basically a summary of what I learned during this unit, and I hope that you learned something too! by Nathan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment