Thursday, May 19, 2016

Seahorses

Seahorses are a type of fish. They are very small and they are usually found in tropical waters, all over the world. Their lifespan is one to five years. Before mating, the seahorses dance around with their mate and make a noise that sounds like somebody smacking their lips together. The male holds the baby seahorses in its pouch until they are ready to hatch. To avoid being eaten, seahorses use camouflage and blend in with its surroundings so that the predator doesn't recognize the seahorse. Seahorses are a really good predator because they have really long mouths to slurp up their prey.

They don't even have to chew because they don't have any teeth, so they just swallow their food whole. Seahorse predators are: tunas, rays, crabs, and striped anglerfish. Seahorses are carnivores because they eat: plankton and tiny crustaceans. I loved doing this project so much, because I liked finding the photos matching the subject of the page and finding the information on a couple websites. I really liked the animal behavior unit because it was really interesting and fun to learn. By Bella R.

No comments:

Post a Comment