This is the link I used for my information:
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Invasive Plants
Did you know that Falmouth, Maine has been dealing with invasive plants? First of all if you don't know what invasive means, it basically means that the organism was accidentally introduced into the place they ended up and they started a problem. The opposite of invasive is native and native means they are from that habitat. There are some people in Falmouth, Maine dealing with some plants that are invasive. They have very extensive infestations from knotweed. I wonder how they are handling this situation? It is probably a lot of work. Professionals will probably be needed. (by Bella R)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like how you explained for people that didn't know what an invasive species was so they could understand your post. I agree that it could be very hard to find a way to make the knotweed. This connects to our class because we have been talking about invasive and native species and how they can harm the ecosystem. I wonder how they will decide to deal with the invasive plant problem.
ReplyDeleteI like how you explained the main topic: invasive species invading Maine. This definitely relates to class because we are learning about it in Science class. Great job!
ReplyDeleteI like how you explained what invasive and native species means. I also wonder how the Falmouth people are dealing with it. Good job!
ReplyDeleteI like how you explained what native and invasive species means.
ReplyDeleteI am also wondering how do you think falmouth is dealing with this?
Great job!! ~from~Haleigh
Wow I had know idea that that was happening, I wonder if they will ever get rid of the invasive plants
ReplyDeleteInvasive plants can cause a lot of trouble. When we've been in North Carolina, we've seen the invasive kudzu plant take over entire areas of forest.
ReplyDelete