For my blog post I wanted to look at current events. My question is how does your body react when it is scared? I thought there was no better time because Halloween just happened. According to Dr. Robert Glatter who is an emergency physician at the Lenox Hill Hospital many things happen. When your body is scared it goes into something called fight or flight response. That was helpful a long time ago when there were bears chasing cavemen. But unless something like that is happening to you it is not that helpful. When you are scared adrenaline rushes into your body, which comes from your Autonomic Nervous System. Adrenaline is a hormone that makes your body react differently when you are scared. That can lead to a rapid heartbeat, dilated pupils, and blood flow to muscles like your heart. Adrenaline also triggers calcium. Calcium also rushes to the heart and makes it contract. (by Maeve)
Here is my source of information:
I like how you used scientific vocabulary to explain exactly what you had learned. I liked how you used the example of a caveman escaping the bear as Ann example of good flight or fright. This connects to our class because it is an adaptation for humans. I wonder how humans developed this adaptation.
ReplyDeleteI like that there's actually a reason that I get so freaked out besides the fact that I'm me,
ReplyDeleteFinn
It was great how you explained which part of the body the adrenaline comes from. The caveman running around part was pretty funny.
ReplyDelete-Sofie
I really like how you wrote this and I think it turned out great
ReplyDeleteI like how you included the caveman part
ReplyDeleteBella P
I never knew adrenalin comes when our scared
ReplyDeleteThis is a really cool blog post. I never knew what happens when you get scared. It kept me wanting to learn more every sentence. Well done!
ReplyDeleteIt's very interesting to think about how the body (vs. emotions, vs. brain) reacts when frightened.
ReplyDelete