Friday, February 6, 2015

My Microscope Blog Post

Recently in science class we have been learning how to use microscopes. We already had a quiz on the parts of the microscope and now we get to use them in our labs. We are examining all sorts of objects such as hair, thread and paper under magnification. Sometimes Lisa lets us look at whatever we want under the microscope but in order to use the microscopes, we have to follow these certain steps: plug in the microscope, turn it on, look to see if the object is in focus, turn the coarse focus knob to bring the object into general focus.  If it's still blurry then we turn the fine focus knob, then we adjust the power to our liking, and enjoy the view!  It has been fun looking at objects up to 400 times their normal size!  (by Connor)

7 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the microscope mystery game when we took photos of objects under high power and had to guess what we thought the mystery Obie dots were based on the clue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I totally agree! Our team was very good at guessing that. Did anyone get all their photos right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I also agree but not many people commented on ours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's also been fun looking at onion, cheek, and elodea cells under the microscope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that looking at the cells with the microscope is awesome I really liked that unit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked how you added the correct way to use a microscope because it is related to the topic and shows your knolage

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think looking at the onion cells and the cheek cells were my favorite.

    ReplyDelete