Friday, February 27, 2015

Microscopic Cells


In science we have done a lot with cells. We downloaded an awesome app called iCell. It lets you look at animal and plant cells, as well as bacteria. As well as looking at virtual cells, we have been looking at real cells under a microscope. We looked at onion cells after we stained them with iodine so we could see the nuclei. Then we looked at cells from an elodea plant. I liked these better because they had chloroplasts. The next cells we are going to look at are animal cells that we are going to scrape from our own cheeks! It's going to be scary, but fun! (by Jacob)

11 comments:

  1. I like how your picture and your captions are so clear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a video on how to make a perfect cheek cell and it worked! You should try it next time you make a cheek cell slide

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  4. Is that your cheek cell(s) jacob

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great picture! How did you make it so the eyepiece didn't change the quality of the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is your cheek cells right? And also nice pic👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, they are my cheek cells.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you mentioned what we downloaded on the iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you have two cells in the picture... It gives you a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete