Thursday, February 26, 2015

Cells

In 6th grade science we have been learning about the parts and functions of a cell. We have been examining onion layers under the microscope so we can view the plant cells. When we viewed the cells we were able to see the nucleus and cell wall in only a tiny layer of the onion. We learned that we are not able to see the chloroplasts because the onion bulb lives in the ground. We are transitioning to looking at our second plant cell called the elodea leaf. We all plucked a small sample of the elodea leaf and placed it on the slide. When we looked at the magnified sample, we can see the chloroplast slowly moving throughout the elodea leaf. This has been a blast so far. I can't wait to continue what we have started!  (By Jane)

9 comments:

  1. I liked how much information and facts you put into this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post because it has a lot of information in it and it will help people know what we were studying and learn a lot of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree I also have had so much fun looking at the cells under the microscope and your post has so much information in it nice job

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you used so many vocab words! Nice job janey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved all of the info I learned a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that this post is very informative and shows everything that was learned in the course

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog post girly! Very descriptive!💁

    ReplyDelete
  8. Which was your favorite lab out of the two?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool, very distcriptive!

    ReplyDelete