Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Cells in 6th!


In 6th grade science class we are gradually moving on to the study of cells. Our first homework assignment was to fill out a page and you could check mark the things that you think are made up of cells. After we gave the sheet back we reviewed it and filled in the correct answers if we got it wrong. Our second homework assignment was to answer questions on a worksheet by reading pages in our science book. So far we have learned about human cells and animal cells, and the textbook had us compare animal cells and plant cells and it asked us which two parts were in the plant cell and not in the animal cell. We explored an app called iCell that showed us what animal, bacteria and plant cells look like. The app showed different parts of a cell and if you clicked on it, it would tell you what the part was, which is very helpful. We have only just started the study of cells and I can't wait to learn more about them! (by Laney)

7 comments:

  1. I really like the app icell! It's a good way to learn the parts of a cell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. The app icell is awesome. Your blog post has so much information about our new unit nice job

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blog did u like looking at the animal cells better or the plant cells?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog post! And iCell is a really cool app, I love the 3D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably plant cells morgano

    ReplyDelete