I read a article about bull sharks. I already knew some facts about bull sharks and was extremely interested in them but I wanted to learn more about them. I asked Siri for websites about bull sharks and found a lot of choices. The website I like the best is at the bottom of the blog. I learned that bull sharks live in both fresh water and salt water but mostly in deep water. They have been found along the shores of the Mississippi River (United States) and Nicaragua (Central America). Bull sharks are number 3 on the most dangerous shark list for attacking humans due to the fact they are extremely territorial. They migrate with their food but if there is enough food bull sharks will stay in a certain area. Other sharks don't stay in the same spot and will move around the sea. Their daily diet is other sharks, fish, stingrays, mollusks, and even birds from time to time. But bulls sharks will really eat about anything. They attack their prey by bumping it (which will throw it off balance or even kill it) then biting it. Bull sharks can be 13 feet in length and 1,270 pounds. The females are larger than the males. Bull sharks are gray on the top and white on the bottom with 2 dorsal fins, one small and one big on the tail. During mating season bull sharks don't get along with each other. Females will have a litter of 4 to 10 pups. Female sharks will carry their pups for one year before giving birth. The pups won't reproduce until they are 10 years old. Bull sharks don't have much to fear about in the water. Rarely tiger or great white sharks will eat them. Alligator and crocodile may eat bull sharks depending on the location. Hunters will also kill bull sharks. But the number of bull sharks are still high. That is good because they don't do well in captivity. I am interested in bull sharks because they are the most unusual shark in the world. I want to know more about them other than the fact they are the 3rd most dangerous shark in the world. This connects to our science class because bull sharks can swim in lakes and most invertebrates that we studied can live in lakes as well as ponds. I feel that sharks are not just man eating machines. Click here to see the website. (by Kaitlyn)
I liked how detailed you were about everything and I also like bull sharks too!
ReplyDeleteI liked how you connected it to our unit. The info was really interesting get and I learned a lot!
ReplyDeleteBull Sharks can swim in freshwater? Cool!
ReplyDelete