During the first quarter of the year, the sixth grade studied pond ecology. The unit was pretty fun. We learned about the animals that inhabit ponds, and got to go on a field trip to the Evergreen Cemetery Ponds. During the field trip, we took plastic bins and tried to catch creatures that we then brought back to the classroom to examine. Everyone got to get up close and personal with the pond critters. We each did three labs on different specimens that were brought back from the pond. After we finished our labs, we uploaded them onto a site called Vital Signs, where experts could confirm whether or not our identification for the specimen was correct. I learned and observed a lot by having these creatures in the classroom. These are the three specimens I did my labs on:
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletegreat photographs and we also used nets
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletegood job explaining it and great reference photos
ReplyDeleteGreat writing Matt I was not able to attend the field trip but this made me feel like I was there.
ReplyDeleteI think it's cool how you wrote a blog about something from the beginning of the year
ReplyDeleteGreat job with the pictures!
ReplyDeleteVery cool and interesting 👍
ReplyDeleteNice description of the field trip! I also really like your photos.
ReplyDelete