Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Platypus

The platypus is a very strange animal. It has a beak like a duck and webbed feet like a frog. Platypi are venomous mammals, they use their venom against other competition for mates. it has spurs that are located in the back of its body just above the heel of both legs with venom glands attached. Human beings have 5 senses but the platypus has a 6th sense. It's sixth sense is that it can sense the movement of muscles in another animal.This helps it sense where its prey is based on the fact they are living. The platypus can walk on land but awkwardly due to the fact that it's walking on knuckles to protect its webs. I chose this animal because I thought it was cool how we were learning about the special abilities of our pond specimens so I found another animal with cool, special abilities.  Click here to see a video about the platypus. (by Finn)


2 comments:

  1. That is cool the pic is sorta creepy though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know where the venom is placed? If you don't then it is in one of the front nails, at least that's what I heard

    ReplyDelete