Thursday, March 19, 2015

ISOPODS IN SCIENCE

In our animal behavior unit, we are studying different animal behaviors (mostly courtship) and the difference between instinctive behavior and learned behaviors. For example, the pill bug/sow bug is not a very sophisticated organism, so most if not all of its behaviors are instinctive. In class, we looked under the microscope at pill bugs and sow bugs, also known as roly-polies. Then we looked at them without a microscope, and took note of which behaviors the pill bug/sow bug does in a certain time frame. In this project we would have a partner, and one of us would time it and the other one would observe the isopod and take notes on its behaviors. My partner and I looked at pill bugs, and the third pill bug we got barely moved at all. (By John)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the picture! It so good! And I learned that pill bugs and sow bugs are not very sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete