Monday, March 9, 2015
Horse Behavior
Have you ever wondered why a horse runs from loud noises like a clap? I'll tell you why. This is instinctive behavior. A horse and all other animals have instinctive and learned behaviors. The reason a horse runs from a loud noise is because it is afraid what ever made the noise will eat it. For example a horse named Tilli at my barn is afraid of cows. The first time she saw the cow she balked and would not move. So I had to let her stand there and get used to it. A horse can also be afraid of being alone. Another horse at my barn Ryder is afraid of being alone, so for my show I was unable to warm him up. If a horse is afraid don't bother them. There are two different genders of horses, stallions and mares. Stallions are the leader of a herd in the wild and one mare is second in command. The stallions are usually very protective and will fight. But the domestic horses are more calm and gentle. What is the behavior difference between domestic and feral horses? Click here to see the article I read. (by Amber)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is so cool! I didn't know that about horses
ReplyDeleteThe more I know about horses. Also I heard that horses are very unintelligent animals is this true?
ReplyDelete